Many workplace leaders struggle to develop and maintain a positive and productive working environment. Dealing with challenging situations is part of the job, yet finding a solution isn’t always easy. At the Centre for Character Leadership, we support leaders by helping them break down barriers and build success in the workplace by creating functional, high performance teams.
While we offer several coaching programs, they all have a common theme: leading with character.
Executive Coaching for the Leader as Coach
Certified Executive Coach Kathleen Redmond, MCC (International Coaching Federation), helps leaders create a focused, high-energy culture where people enjoy working – and where leaders enjoy leading. While Kathleen works in a broad range of industries, her coaching practice is very specific: coaching leaders to become coaches to their teams.
- Ensure authentic, honest communication with your direct reports, peers and boss
- Feel fully engaged in your work, and your employees in theirs
- Hold your team accountable for their actions and results
- Feel that you’re making a significant contribution through your work
An experienced Certified Executive Coach, Kathleen offers:
- A safe place to explore the workplace issues that keep you up at night
- A sounding board who is committed to your success
- Solid and objective support on an ongoing basis
Book a complimentary 30-minute coaching conversation with Kathleen Redmond today. And if you believe there’s a fit between you and Kathleen, she’ll schedule an in-person meeting to create a Service Agreement that outlines your objectives, how you’ll work together, and how you’ll measure results.
Coaching for Performance Workshop
Kathleen offers a dynamic, interactive two-day workshop for leaders. As a workplace leader, you’ll learn how to:
- Fully engage your direct reports for respect, responsibilities and results
- Determine effective ways to measure performance contributions
- Prepare for challenging conversations
- Build trust on your team
- Hold others accountable
- Work more effectively with your leader
- Collaborate with your peers
- Create an energizing, engaging and productive organizational (or departmental) culture
University of Guelph, College of Management and Economics
Coaching and Developing Others
Kathleen teaches this MA Leadership Program for MA leadership and MBA students.
University of Guelph, Centre for Open Learning and Educational Support
Coaching for Leadership
Online Certificate Program through Continuing Education
Employee engagement and performance management are essential drivers in high performing organizations. This online certificate program focuses on developing leadership skills using the coach approach.
Kathleen developed the Coaching for Leadership program and is teaching the 2012 program.
Our Leadership Development Workshops will help you create an aligned, energized, collaborative and high-performance culture. Leadership coach, consultant, trainer and author Lois Tori and Rick Dominico, Workshop Facilitator for Satisfaction Measurement, Quality Tools, Stress Management. NQI Certified Excellence Professional – Healthy Workplace. Ontario Municipal Management Institute’s (OMMI), Certified Municipal Manager (CMMIII) offers programs based on evidence and straightforward practical strategies.
- Build and lead dynamic teams with purpose and clarity
- Lead and coach based on honesty, dignity and mutual respect
- Stimulate direct reports to meet challenging expectations in a collaborative environment
- Create an energized atmosphere by implementing fair, open and progressive communication processes
- Achieve improved results through teamwork that will surprise and enthuse the whole team
Leadership by Engagement
- Character model for engagement and results.
- Leadership through values and energizing systems.
- Scorecard at both Organizational and Departmental levels to clarify goals, measurement and accountability.
Coaching for Engagement
- The leader as coach.
- Ensuring accountability in supportive, functional coaching culture.
- The legal obligations of leaders
Ethics for Engagement
- Applying values in difficult situations such as conflict.
- The moral obligations of leaders
Engaging & Effective Meetings
- Train all of your staff to facilitate and participate in meetings that are efficient, involve everyone and next steps are clear to all.
Improvement Planning Process
- Engage your staff in an effective process to identify root cause(s) and plan for the best solutions for all of your improvement initiatives.
Managing the Survey
- Conducting staff/customer surveys for positive results.
- Learn how to prepare, conduct and action the results of staff and/or customer surveys.
Coaching for Municipal Excellence
Municipal Chief Administration Officers (CAOs) have a unique set of workplace challenges. John Rogers, a seasoned governmental leadership consultant, coach, and past Mayor as well as CAO, specializes in working with municipal CAOs to help them clarify roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders, develop dynamic teams and work effectively with elected officials.
Coaching for Board Governance
Elected officials and government staff leaders hold highly visible public positions – leading with character is essential. Don Cousens is a governmental leadership consultant, professional keynote speaker, former mayor and past member of provincial parliament. He works with board members to ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities, effective meetings and concrete results.